Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pumpkin Bread Pudding


So I've given myself a baking challenge. That is, bake something every week. EVERY week. Thus far I am 3 weeks in, and each week is getting more delicious. Monday's delight was in honour of a wine and dessert party that one of my besties was hosting at her condo. This came out delicious, but not too sweet. Which is good, because I've convinced myself that it's ok that I have been eating this for breakfast!





Pumpkin Bread Pudding
 
1 loaf egg bread, sliced 1-inch thick
4 eggs
14-oz can pumpkin purée
½ cup lightly packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
¼ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp kosher salt
4 cups 2% milk (I used soy milk because I'm lactarded)

Instructions
1 - Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter an 11-x 9-inch baking dish and set aside.

2 - Toast bread on baking sheet until lightly golden on both sides, about 10 minutes, turning as necessary. Let cool and cut into 1-inch cubes (about 10 cups). Transfer to baking dish. Set aside.

3 - In a large bowl combine next 10 ingredients and blend thoroughly. Pour over bread cubes and allow to sit for 15 minutes or until pumpkin mixture is absorbed by bread.

4 - Bake 45-60 minutes or until bread is golden and a knife inserted into dish’s centre comes out clean. If the pudding browns too quickly, cover dish with foil during baking.

5 - Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream or a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.

Note: Next time I think I will try this with some chopped apples.

From an old Wish Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails